Exits Continue As Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Wants More Ad Revenue From India

The exits in Twitter’s senior management who helped build the India business over years, signal the company’s co-founder and new CEO, Jack Dorsey’s, inclination to make significant changes in the way the domestic business is handled.

According to Greyhound Research, the digital advertising market in India is currently around R7,000 crore – 75% of which is with Google and Facebook. Twitter, along with dozens of other digital advertising platforms such as InMobi, has struggled to get a share of the remaining 25% of the market. In fact, Twitter’s share of the ad wallet is in single-digits.

“A network can be judged on two parameters: quality and quantity. Quality can be defined by the stickiness of the network, and the information that its users share. Facebook is miles ahead with Instagram, FB and Whatsapp,” said Sanchit Vir Gogia, chief analyst and CEO of Greyhound Research.

Source: Hindustan Times

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s